Winter is an opportunity to reflect and make plans for the upcoming season. Since every farm, field and season is different, it’s a challenge to develop weed control programs each year. As you create next year’s plans, here are three key areas to consider.
- Attack weeds early and often.
Give your corn the strongest start possible by layering residual herbicides to control tough weeds. Uncontrolled weeds steal crucial nutrients, sun and water from young corn plants and, ultimately, rob yield. Some of the fiercest weed competition, such as marestail, waterhemp and Palmer amaranth, have long germination periods and spread to more fields each year.
Start with a preemergence herbicide to control early weed flushes. Then come back with a postemergence residual herbicide to control weed escapes and prevent competition from later-emerging weeds.
- Use corn herbicides with ultimate dependability.
The corn herbicides portfolio of Corteva Agriscience is designed to fit the way you grow corn, so you can spend less time worrying about unwanted, yield-robbing weeds. Our corn herbicides offer dependability and application flexibility to deal with the unexpected. Here is a quick look at how each product can help protect your corn crop:
- Resicore® herbicide is effective, with versatile application timing and residual control lasting deep into the growing season.
- SureStart® II herbicide is proven to control weeds when it matters most — during the early developmental stages of corn growth.
- DuPont™ Realm® Q herbicide is a great postemergence option with multiple modes of action and built-in safener technology that can be applied under diverse weather conditions.
- Keystone® NXT herbicide is consistent, providing a wide spectrum of weed control, and it only requires ¼ inch of rain to activate.
- DuPont™ Cinch® ATZ herbicide delivers peace of mind and flexibility through early weed control, especially for farmers needing rotational flexibility.
- Take advantage of savings. These corn herbicides are part of the TruChoice® offer.
You can register at truchoiceonline.com to learn about two ways to save up front on crop protection and qualified seed purchases.
We look forward to working with you this season. Talk with your retailer about finding the right corn herbicides from Corteva for your needs.
™ ® Trademarks of Dow AgroSciences, DuPont or Pioneer, and their affiliated companies or their respective owners. Cinch ATZ and Keystone NXT are Restricted Use Pesticides. Keystone NXT is not registered for sale, distribution or used in all states. Cinch ATZ , Realm Q, Resicore and SureStart II are not registered for sale or use in all states. Keystone NXT, Resicore and SureStart II are not available for sale, distribution or use in Nassau and Suffolk counties in the state of New York. Contact your state pesticide regulatory agency to determine if a product is registered for sale or use in your state. Always read and follow label directions. © 2019 Corteva.