Corteva Agriscience recently announced the launch of four powerful crop protection solutions. One of these products is Kyro™ herbicide, a postemergence corn solution and the first product on the market to combine acetochlor, topramezone and clopyralid into one premix.
Here’s how Kyro will benefit your customers’ cornfields:
- Strong postemergence weed control. The strong in-season postemergence activity and residual of Kyro complement farmers’ existing preemergence corn herbicides, making it a perfect fit into a two-pass program approach. Kyro provides industry-leading grass control, giving farmers another powerful solution outside of glyphosate and ALS herbicides in the fight to control resistant grasses.
- Three modes of action. Kyro is the first corn herbicide to combine the three proven modes of action of acetochlor, clopyralid and topramezone is a single premix for both contact and residual control of more than 65 of the toughest broadleaf and grass weeds.
- Versatility. Kyro fits a wide variety of different types of corn — glyphosate-tolerant, non-GMO, seed and popcorn. It has flexibility as a stand-alone herbicide and as a tank-mix partner with glyphosate, atrazine and other corn herbicides, which gives farmers the option to customize their weed management program. Plus, farmers can apply Kyro on up to 24-inch-tall corn, giving them application timing flexibility.
- Excellent crop safety. The encapsulated acetochlor in Kyro delivers excellent crop safety and less crop response for healthier corn and higher yield potential.
- Great handling and tank-mix compatibility. Kyro has tank-mix flexibility with glyphosate, atrazine and other corn herbicides for greater weed control. In addition, Kyro can be tank-mixed with several fungicides, insecticides and micronutrients.
Kyro herbicide is available in limited supply for the 2023 growing season and will be more widely available for 2024. Consult your Corteva Agriscience representative to find out when Kyro will be available in your area, and learn more about how Corteva continues to deliver on corn farmer needs here.
Kyro™ is not registered for sale or use in all states. Kyro is not available for sale, distribution or use in Nassau and Suffolk counties in the state of New York. Contact your state pesticide regulatory agency to determine if a product is registered for sale or use in your state. Always read and follow label directions.