Mid-South rice growers rely on Loyant® herbicide to achieve broad-spectrum control of broadleaf, grass, sedge and aquatic weeds.
Featuring Rinskor® active, Loyant offers a new alternate mode of action for rice farmers to fight herbicide-resistant weeds.
Consider the following practices when applying Loyant to help optimize yield and product performance and meet rice farmers’ unique weed management needs:
- Apply Loyant when rice is healthy and growing as rice can better metabolize the product under these conditions.
- To maintain adequate soil moisture, flood or flush the rice crop as soon as permitted after applying Loyant, no later than five days as stated on the label.
- Consider spraying Loyant during times of the day when temperatures are lower and when crops have sufficient soil moisture.
- Use Loyant as a part of a comprehensive weed control program, with multiple herbicide timings and multiple modes of action to control barnyardgrass. Always refer to LoyantTankMix.com before tank-mixing other products with Loyant.
- For best results, apply Loyant to four-leaf barnyardgrass or smaller.
- Always follow the label rate of 16 ounces per acre when targeting labeled weeds.
- Avoid sequential applications of Loyant, if possible, to reduce the risk of crop response potential.
- Work with your local Extension service, consultant, seed representative or Corteva Agriscience representative to evaluate application of Loyant to hybrid and medium grain varieties, as well as varieties such as Diamond, which can be particularly sensitive.
- Avoid the use of Facet herbicide in connection with weed management programs including Loyant.